Organic Vegan Protein Power (Item #954)
Protein is one of the most important nutrients for maintaining good health; it's a part of every cell in the human body and helps to build and maintain connective tissues, bones, blood cells, skin, muscles, organs, and DNA. However, it can be challenging for many to obtain proper amounts of protein from our diet. Athletes, pregnant woman, the elderly, young children, and those who eat poorly planned plant-based diets are at an increased risk for too low protein intake that does not meet daily needs. Research also shows that in the general population diets higher in healthy lean protein help with satiety and weight management. In decades past, supplementing a diet with extra protein was left to the bodybuilders. Today, consumers have begun giving credence to scientific data indicating the importance of high quality protein in the diet, and the marketplace for all proteins is expanding – particularly for non-soy plant proteins as consumers with food allergies, health concerns, and certain ethical points of view are aware of the potential benefits these types of protein provide.
- USDA Organic (≥95%) certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI)
- Provides 13 grams of plant-based protein per scoop
- Great-tasting, high-protein drink mix that combines 4 plant-based protein sources: Rice, Hemp, Chia, and Mushrooms offering an optimal amino acid profile with all 9 essential amino acids
- A complete protein source for vegans or individuals wishing to reduce their animal protein consumption
- Contains digestive enzymes and probiotics to support gut and immune health