Organic Plant Protein(Item #940)
Protein is one of the most important nutrients for maintaining good health; however, it is not so easy for many to obtain proper amounts from their diets. Athletes, pregnant woman, the elderly, young children, and those eating poorly planned vegetarian or vegan diets are at increased risk for too low protein intake. In addition, research shows that in the general population, diets higher in healthy lean protein help with satiety and weight management. In decades past, supplementing a diet with extra protein was left to the bodybuilders. Today, consumers have begun giving credence to scientific data indicating the importance of high quality protein in the diet, and the marketplace for all proteins is expanding - particularly for non-soy plant-based proteins as consumers with food allergies, health concerns, and certain ethical points of view become aware of the benefits these types of protein provide.
With over 60% premium vegetarian protein by weight, pumpkin seed protein is a great way to help vegetarians and vegans meet protein needs.
Organic Plant Protein Chocolate has no soy, no gluten, no dairy, and no animal products whatsoever. It’s a 100% vegetarian source that is certified >95% organic.
- Organic partially defatted pumpkin seed milled to a powder consistency.
- Vegetarian and vegan product.
- Soy free, dairy free, and gluten free.
- Creamy chocolate flavor
- Contains 18 proteinogenic amino acids, 9 of which are essential amino acids that must be obtained in the diet from food.
- Provides 14 grams of plant-based protein and 3 grams of fiber per scoop.
- USDA Organic (≥95%) certified by Quality Assurance International.