Organic Plant Protein (Item #940)
Protein is one of the most important nutrients for maintaining good health; however, it is not so easy for many to obtain proper amounts from their diets. Athletes, pregnant woman, the elderly, young children, and those eating poorly planned vegetarian or vegan diets are at increased risk for too low protein intake. In addition, research shows that in the general population, diets higher in healthy lean protein help with satiety and weight management. In decades past, supplementing a diet with extra protein was left to the bodybuilders. Today, consumers have begun giving credence to scientific data indicating the importance of high quality protein in the diet, and the marketplace for all proteins is expanding - particularly for non-soy plant-based proteins as consumers with food allergies, health concerns, and certain ethical points of view become aware of the benefits these types of protein provide.
With over 60% premium vegetarian protein by weight, pumpkin seed protein is a great way to help vegetarians and vegans meet protein needs.
Organic Plant Protein Chocolate is free of soy, gluten, dairy, and does not contain any animal products whatsoever. 100% vegan source that is certified >95% organic.
- Soy-Free | Dairy Free | Gluten Free
- Organic, partially defatted non-GMO pumpkin seeds milled into a powder consistency
- Provides 14 grams of plant-based protein per scoop
- Creamy chocolate flavor
- Contains 18 proteinogenic amino acids, 9 of which are essential amino acids that must be obtained in the diet from food
- USDA Organic (≥95%) certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI)
- A supplemental plant-based protein source for vegetarians/vegans or individuals wishing to reduce animal protein consumption
- Supports health and performance using the power of organic, sustainable ingredients, as nature intended