L-Carnitine 500 mg(Item #739)
L-Carnitine is an amino acid that acts as a vitamin-like compound, responsible for the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the energy producing mitochondria inside cells. Since the carrier molecule for fatty acids, acyl-CoA, cannot penetrate the cell membrane of the mitochondria without carnitine, a deficiency in carnitine results in decreased fatty acid concentrations in the mitochondria, and as a result, reduced energy production. L-Carnitine is only found in animal food sources such as meat, poultry, and dairy products. L-Carnitine can be made in the human body, although premature infants and some adults do not make sufficient amounts. L-Carnitine is a popular supplement for heart health, liver health, and weight loss. Studies generally use dosages ranging from 2 or more grams per day.
- Supports cardiovascular health.
- Promotes healthy triglyceride levels.
- Offered as an easy-to-swallow two piece capsule.
- Highest quality raw material l-carnitine ensures optimum purity, potency, and safety.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish. Suitable for vegans.
- Suggest to those looking for a product to support cardiovascular and liver health.
- Popular among athletes and body builders.
- Cross merchandise with other heart health products.