Dual Action Acidophilus & Bifidus® (Item #716)
Probiotics (meaning "life") refers to friendly or good bacteria, such as acidophilus and bifidobacterium which are live microbial supplements that improve flora in the intestinal tract. Probiotics can be found naturally occurring in cultured dairy products, such as yogurt. Unfortunately, by the time yogurt is shelved, purchased and consumed little or no live bacteria is actually present -- which is why probiotic supplements are a great addition to the daily diet. Many consumers find probiotic supplements inconvenient due to short expiration dates and required refrigeration. Our Dual Action Acidophilus & Bifidus® capsules have a unique matrix that forms a gel at the surface, protecting the probiotic bacteria until they reach the small intestine where they are released in their full, biologically active state. Each capsule contains equal parts of acidophilus and bifidus, and contains one billion viable bacterial cells at time of manufacture.
- Contains 1 billion viable bacterial cells at time of manufacture
- Provides equal amounts of two types of probiotics, Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis, providing benefits to both the upper and lower GI tract
- Formulated with two well-researched strains of bacteria: LA-5 and BB-12
- SUGGESTED USE: Take one capsule up to three times daily, preferably before meals with a glass of water.
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish