Cal-Mag 1:1 with vitamin D3 (Item #690)
Consuming adequate levels of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D in the daily diet is difficult for many. However, it is especially important these days as our population ages and the need for these nutrients becomes more critical. The majority of the calcium in our body resides in our bones. Bones are constantly undergoing remodeling and calcium is needed so it can be deposited in bones. As we age, bone breakdown exceeds the amount that is replaced. Calcium cannot be properly absorbed into the system without sufficient amounts of magnesium and vitamin D to help it along. Women and men of all ages who don't eat a balanced diet each day require supplemental calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. Approximately half of total magnesium in the human body is found in bone. The other half is found inside cells of various tissues and organs. Magnesium is needed for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal bone, muscle and nerve function, and maintains a normal heart rhythm. Magnesium also supports healthy blood pressure. While calcium and vitamin D are well-known to be essential for proper bone formation, there is evidence to suggest that magnesium deficiency may be a risk factor for bone health later in life, since a deficiency of magnesium alters calcium metabolism and the hormones that regulate calcium. Several human studies have suggested that magnesium supplementation may improve bone mineral density. Our Cal-Mag 1:1 with Vitamin D3 supports bone and nervous system health by providing these essential nutrients.
- Provides highly absorbable forms of two essential minerals plus vitamin D3
- A food base of watercress, parsley and alfalfa
- Provides 200 IU of vitamin D3 (from lanolin) per serving to assist in calcium delivery
- Suggested use: Take three capsules daily
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish or fish.