Advanced Iron Complex (Item #619)
Iron is an essential nutrient for humans. As a component of red blood cells, it helps store and deliver oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. It is also a key factor in energy metabolism, DNA synthesis, and an essential cofactor in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. The best food sources of iron are red meat, poultry, shellfish and legumes. The World Health Organization considers iron deficiency to be the largest nutritional disorder in the world.
Many do not consume enough iron on a daily basis and/or lose significant amounts. Vegetarians and adolescents typically do not meet iron recommendations. Those who exercise regularly, donate blood, have malabsorption disorders, gastric bypass patients, menstruating females, and pregnant and lactating women require higher intakes than the average person. Though some popular foods and beverages are fortified with iron, it may not be enough to satisfy the recommended daily requirements. Our Iron Complex supplies 161% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) of iron along with supporting C and B vitamins when taken as directed. Our time release tablets promote optimum absorption and utilization.
- Time release technology that promotes optimum absorption and utilization
- The combination of the delivery system and source of iron (glycinate) provides a gentler means of delivery for this important mineral
- Popular among those at risk for anemia
- Contains iron, folic acid, vitamin B-6 and B-12 which are all essential for the formation of healthy red blood cells
- Vitamin C works synergistically with these nutrients for increased absorption
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish