Teen Multi Once Daily (Item #550)
Because teens' bodies are still in a growth phase, nutrient needs are greater during the adolescent and teen years than they are for adults--especially for those who experience huge growth spurts. To support the transition from a child's body to a young adult, teens need more nutrients during this part of their life. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, "Adolescents tend to most often fall short of their daily quotas of calcium, iron, and zinc." However, teenagers are notorious for not eating properly each day. And depending on the latest diet fad they are following, they may fall short on nutrition. This age group may require higher amounts of B vitamins and minerals to support learning and their body's response to stress. Others, especially active youth, may require more iron. Adolescents of all ages need proper nutrients, not only for growth (especially bone-building nutrients like minerals and vitamin D), but to maintain a healthy immune system. Therefore, supplementing their diet with a well-rounded, simple and easy-to-take multivitamin/mineral tailored to their needs can be very important. If anything, ensuring teens take in enough vitamin D is also key. Vitamin D deficiency is increasing among adults and adolescents in the United States.
- Contains a nutritious food base of organic spinach, organic carrots, and organic blueberry powder, lemon bioflavonoids, rutin, and the popular green "superfoods" spirulina and chlorella
- Formulated to meet the basic needs of teenagers, with higher amounts of C and B vitamins
- Contains choline, a key component of brain cell membranes and neurotransmitter synthesis
- Natural cinnamon oil coating provides a pleasant natural scent, improving the chance teenagers will take their vitamins!
- Dairy-free and gluten-free
- One-a-day, vegetarian tablet
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish or fish