Whole Food Essentials Iron Caps 18 mg (Item #475)
Iron is an essential trace mineral involved in many cellular processes that are necessary for life, including oxygen transport, energy metabolism, red blood cell creation, DNA and neurotransmitter synthesis. Iron also plays a role in immune system functioning. The function and synthesis of hemoglobin, which carries most of the oxygen in the blood, is dependent on iron.
Our Whole Food Essentials iron caps provides 100% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) of iron. The Whole Food based iron is bound to a whole food rice protein, which can be easier on the gastrointestinal tract, better absorbed and utilized throughout the body. The rice bran supports healthy cholesterol levels for individuals already within the normal range, while the bioflavonoids can help to strengthen blood vessels and support blood flow. Additional fruit and vegetable blend, including organic spinach powder, as well as kale and tomato powder, provides support for iron absorption.
- One capsule provides 18 mg of iron
- Non-GMO sourced
- Also contains 60 mg of rice bran
- Additional fruit and vegetable blend to support iron absorption
- Food based iron is gentle on the stomach - easier to assimilate and utilize by the body
- Bound to whole food rice protein chelate for easy digestion and absorption