Melatonin 1 mg Lozenge (Item #447)
Melatonin exists naturally in the human body and is involved in setting the sleep/wake cycle. By setting our "internal clock," supplemental melatonin may benefit those with disruptive sleep caused by a variety of reasons. Additionally, frequent travelers may find melatonin useful in helping to normalize sleep schedules.
An often unknown attribute of melatonin is its antioxidant function. There are over 100 laboratory and animal studies of the antioxidant properties of melatonin.
Because of concerns of viral transmission of melatonin from animal sources, melatonin derived from cow or sheep pineal glands is no longer administered. Synthetic melatonin does not carry this risk. We use only synthetic melatonin for this reason.
- As a naturally-occuring hormone, supplemental melatonin may promote a more restful sleep
- 1 mg allows for flexibility in dosing
- Natural peppermint flavor matches the top selling melatonin lozenges
- Xylitol and sorbitol are better for dental health than other sugars
- Suggested use: Take 1 tablet 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish
- A must in Sleep Health and Travel categories