Krill Oil (Item #173)
Krill oil provides long-chain omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) in the phospholipid form. Phospholipid-bound omega-3 fatty acids are dispersible in water, which is different than the omega-3's provided by fish oil. This property makes krill omega-3's better absorbed in the intestine and more efficiently utilized by tissues. The phospholipid form also avoids the fishy burps often associated with fish oil. Krill are also naturally rich in the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin, which has an impressive ability to fight free radicals. Astaxanthin is well-researched for many health benefits. Astaxanthin also helps maintain the shelf-life of krill oil by reducing oxidation, and responsible for giving the deep, red color to each softgel.
- Supports a healthy response to inflammation in the body and protects cells from free radical damage
- Supports cardiovascular health by supporting normal blood lipid and cholesterol levels
- Supports the central nervous system and healthy cognitive function
- Promotes skin health
- Suggested use: Take one or more softgels per day, preferably with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Look for in the Essential Fatty Acids category