Flaxseed Oil 1,000 mg (Item #131)
The average American diet contains far too much saturated and hydrogenated fat, and yet is deficient in beneficial fatty acids responsible for many functions in the body. Scientists have attributed the importance of these "good" or essential fats to their production of hormone-like compounds called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are beneficial for supporting cardiovascular, immune, and nervous system health. It is important that individuals receive a balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, two classes of essential fats that have many positive health benefits on the body. Flaxseed Oil 1,000 mg softgels are a convenient way for individuals to consume a plant source of the essential compounds found in fish oils.
- Contains nature's richest source of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid, plus LA (linoleic Acid), an omega-6 fatty acid, plus Oleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid
- Provides a plant source of EPA and DHA (essential compounds found in fatty fish) through the conversion of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid)
- Take one softgel up to six times daily
- Bovine soft gelatin capsules
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, sesame, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish