Soy Lecithin Granules(Item #0177)
Lecithin is rich in fats called phospholipids, which are essential to the cells of the body by making up the cell membrane. The phospholipids in lecithin are composed of phosphatidyl esters (phosphatides), mainly consisting of phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, and phosphatidylinositol. Phosphatidylcholine is the major phospholipid in brain cells. As a source of choline, it can increase serum levels of this vitamin in the body. Choline is a precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter in the brain that transmits nerve impulses and is essential for optimal brain function. Acetylcholine also works in the peripheral nervous system to activate muscles. Another important role of choline is in the liver, aiding detoxification and the export of fat.
- In convenient granules that can be added into foods and recipes.
- Great tasting, nutty flavor.
- Source of choline, inositol, omega-6, and omega-3 fats.
- Excellent source of phosphorus.
- Can also be used as a pet supplement.